Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Ideas into reality, or wrapping something in an idea?

Over the past few weeks my toy project has been a simple tiling game engine. The thing is I don't know what direction I want to take it in. It's acute Indie-itis. Still it's better than the next layer back which is "I have a great idea for a game, will you make it for me?"-osis, which is a far more chronic ailment.

When it comes to having an idea, documenting it and realizing it, I can do all three. But this time around it's a poorly fleshed out concept for an engine for actualizing ideas. Still need to see if I can compile it using the JVM too. Thinking about it from a code protection POV it's also rather brilliant. Current tools allow anyone with a few spare neurons to decompile Java. But what if the bytecode wasn't generated from javac in the first place? I'm just about 100% sure that it couldn't be decompiled easily enough for the average 1337 h/\xX0R to bother with. Besides, if I flesh out a few more layers it just may support those files which smell of eggs that web2.0 things like so much.

New tablet kernel just finished downloading. Time to try it! Bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment